Friday, October 8, 2010

So Much to Do!

So I have taken a bow, and resigned from Suite101. My articles were being stolen and I was being told that I was the plagairizer, which really appauled me. I have turned my focus back to Demand Studios. I am making on average $500 a week, which is not too shabby if you ask me. I am using my DMS earnings to move into my first apartment on Monday and I am so excited. I have so much I have to buy before I move though. A lot of stuff is stuff I didn't factor into my price range. Another thing that worries me is that I am placing all my eggs in one basket, the DMS basket. I do still write for Bright Hub and Examiner, but neither site is exactly a huge money maker, so I am nervous that if Demand falls through for some reason, I won't be able to pay rent. I am still using oDesk, and just finished working for one of my clients, but most of the jobs there expect writers to work for $1-$3 an hour, and right now I work for $30 an hour, so it makes no sense to take a job that pays so poorly. I am hoping that something just happens to come my way, but I am not sure how that will happen quite frankly. The move is goign to free up time in my schedule once I settle down, so hopefully I have time to investigate the internet and some magazines to try to find some writing opportunities. If any of my readers know of any good opportunities for freelancers, please send them my way! It would be much appreciated.

Write well, write often
-Kathleen

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen....you're making $500/wk from DS? Amazing! I started writing for them in August and my goal is $500/month! It takes me forever to get my articles together....do you work from sunrise to sundown or are you just that fast? I know nothing about cars, machines and I'm not a computer techie so I try to grab the articles that I can just research like travel or health.
    ....good luck! Here is my blogger link - I'm just getting started....http://iliveiwriteiam.blogspot.com/

    come visit sometime!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nancy! Thanks for the comment. Yea, I spend a good 70 hours a week writing DMS articles. Its the only way I have right now that is a dependable way I know I can get my bills paid. I will definitely follow your blog! Stay well

    ReplyDelete